Sunday, March 15, 2009

Getting the Baby Bug...

After two years of marriage we wanted to start a family. After trying for a year with no success, we decided it was time to go to a fertility doctor and figure out what was going on.

After several tests later, we found that our chances of having a biological child was about 3%. That was not the answer we wanted to hear, but we knew we needed to consider other options to create our family.

That is when we turned to adoption. I, Janet, was adopted from birth and had a wonderful upbringing. I had a very positive experience with being adopted. My ethnicity is half Samoan, 1/4 Mexican, and 1/4 caucasian. My adoptive father is Swedish and my adoptive mother is Armenian. Talk about a lot of differnt cultures. I was brought up in the Swedish and Armenian culture and loved learning about making meat pies or hearing Swedish lullabies.


Picture from Left to right: Sister Liz, Brother Roger, Dad, Janet, Sister Becky
My parents had 3 biological children and adopted me from birth

I knew I was loved and cared for by my adoptive family and felt that we could give a child the love and nurturing that I had as a child. I also knew that any child that we adopted would be meant for our family just as I was meant for my adoptive family.

That is when we started the adoption process through LDS Family Services.

No comments:

Post a Comment